Recipe: Simple Paleo Soup FormulaJul 17, 2023
I absolutely love soup. It's a great way to incorporate healing meat stocks and enjoy delicious, easily digestible, in-season local veggies. While there are countless soup recipes out there, if you're looking for a simple formula to use up leftover veggies from your fridge, this recipe is a winner. This makes one litre of soup so enough for four serves, but you can double it if you cook it in a large saucepan or stock pot. The formula is 500g veggies to 500g meat stock with 50g good quality fat.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 500 g of vegetables, cut into small florets or roughly chopped (e.g., broccoli, cauliflower, onion, leek, pumpkin, carrots, or any vegetables you have on hand)
- 50 g of good quality fat (such as ghee, coconut oil, or another quality animal fat)
- 500 g of meat stock
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: Your favorite cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, or feta), seeds (such as pumpkin), herbs (parsley, basil, or coriander), drizzle of cream, coconut cream, or olive oil
- Optional grain-free croutons: Primal Alternative bread
1. Mince the garlic.
2. In a large saucepan, add the minced garlic, vegetables, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Alternatively, if you have a Thermomix, follow these steps:
- Add all the vegetables and stock to the Thermomix, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed one.
- Blend for 30 seconds, starting at speed one and gradually increasing to speed nine.
3. Use a blender, food processor, or stick blender to blend the soup until smooth.
4. Serve the soup hot and optionally sprinkle with your favourite cheese, seeds, herbs, and a drizzle of cream, coconut cream, or olive oil to suit the veggies chosen.
5. If desired, add grain-free croutons by toasting a slice of Primal Alternative bread, chopping it into small squares, and sprinkling them on top.
You can keep leftover soup in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months for easy lunches.
Enjoy your homemade vegetable soup formula with personalised toppings and grain-free croutons for added flavour and texture!
Enjoy! Love, H xx