Recipe: Apple Berry CakeMar 30, 2023
- 1pkt pancake mix
- 110g caster sugar or coconut sugar
- 125 g butter , softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, large
- 125 ml milk of choice
- 1 apple , thinly sliced (with the core removed)
- 120 g fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- 2 tbsp raw sugar coconut sugar
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 22cm springform pan.
- Line the base with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together for 30 seconds on Speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat for a further 20 seconds on Speed 3.
- Add the self-raising flour and combine for 20 seconds on Speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle over 3/4 of the berries.
- Layer the apple slices in an overlapping pattern around the outside edge of the cake.
- Place the remaining berries in the middle of the cake.
- Sprinkle with 2tbs coconut sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the baking pan for 20 minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe thanks to Primalista Pip.
GET THE INFO PACK